Thursday (9/14):
Up at 7am.
Met Bill Kline & Caressa Gulikson of ProDX. Got my badge, hurray! I'm somebody!
I'm getting a creeping feeling that nobody here knows how to do specs. They've all done a little bit, each in their own different way. And they're looking to me to bring into conformity and comprehensibility everything that they've done - as a starting point!
Problem is, there are a lot of correct ways to do specs. I can't hone in on it until I have a really clear understanding of what specs are out there, what kinds of info they contain, and what is actually needed/necessary for the L2 project. And almost every day I'm finding new cubbyholes of good info - composed in completely different formats. Like on the I drive. Jeez, what a circus.
Not in a completely bad way, of course. At least there's some good stuff there. It's just the notion of having to wade through all the other stuff. The I drive has 65,000 files in 8GB.
I've seen Excel spreadsheets in many technical documents here. However I haven't I've seen a single spreadsheet that is being used for what it's best at: handling numerical data. They're all being used to tabularize text data!
My God, Word should be used for that, plus it's much easier. Witnessing this is like seeing someone use a paint program to do a vector image… or a text document!
Reminder: Ken coming over for a movie tonight.
Reminder: Look for an indoor shooting range.
Reminder: For Rob's 21st birthday, take him out for a skydive. Perhaps I'll be in shape for another dive as well.
Reminder: Start looking for a replacement bulb for the PLV-Z3.
Wednesday (9/13):
Got the Woot keyboard in the mail. Not bad, but neither is it spectacular.
I think this is the first evening in months (or years) where I didn't turn on the projector.
No comments:
Post a Comment