I'm only blogging this because I've been searching for this word for years!
I first heard it one night on the Conan O'Brien Show back in 2003. Jim Carey was a guest, and he went on a rant about ekpyrotic universe theory and talking with Stephen Hawking about it. They then did a sketch with Carey telephoning Hawking and having a conversation full of gratuitous complements of one another.
I later did some research on ekpyrotic universe theory and brane theory, which lead into a mind-boggling thread which included another viewing of Brian Green's The Elegant Universe mini-series on PBS.
Years later I tried Googling for the term. Only having a vague idea of how to spell the word, Google was positively no help whatsoever. I finally stumbled across the term at space.com, at the article, Brane-Storm' Challenges Part of Big Bang Theory.
May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment