


I sent this email to my contracting agency contact person, noting what had occurred earlier in the work day.
Hi Bill,First, thanks for dropping off my nameplate a couple weeks ago. Looks nice.Except for one thing...As you know, I'm sharing this 12x12 office with a couple other contractors. They're from from Comsys, which is no big deal, we get along fine. But guess what - they just got their nameplates too. And they look reeeeally nice. That's a little unfortunate for me because, in these cramp quarters, a visitor who came by couldn't help but notice and remark about the difference.Compared to my nameplate, those guys look like they're making a LOT more money. I took these photos with my phone, so they're not super clear. Basically their nameplates are made of 1.5" thick clear plastic, beveled/textured, with the lettering routed out from the back, making that part translucent, suitable for backlighting.The difference is so striking that one of the contractors had hidden her nameplate in a drawer because she didn't want to appear boastful and ruin my ego. I'm not so vain, but I thought it best to defuse the situation and joke about it. So we all had a good laugh about appearances, agencies, contracting, perks, ego-candy, etc.
Not complaining, of course. It was just one of those moments when you just can't help but laugh about it.Let me know when my upgraded nameplate arrives! ;-)Have a good one.Len
No comments:
Post a Comment