
I got up today Saturday, took Boz and got out of the house, aiming in the general direction of Hood River, as they have some sort of arts and crafts fair going on this weekend. Doing this was a special event for me because I got out of the house by myself, had no encouragement other than picking up the idea from Nadine.

For some reason I kept veering off to the median, couldn't understand why. Somewhere between Crown Point and Multnomah Falls is a turn off for Angel's Rest hike, about 4.4 miles roundtrip, with a 1600ft elevation gain.

I took nearly 200 pictures on the trip. Had it not been for the dead batteries, I'd have kept taking more.

When I got home, I found out why I was veering off the road on the way there. I took my evening drugs, which included Ambien, instead of my daytime drugs, which included Adderal. Two interesting points, regarding the drugs. 1) I was tired during the day but not sleepy. 2) Despite not having Adderall, I managed a fairly strenuous hike - and made it to the top and back. That's monumentous in my book.

The next day I made it to Hood River for their annual harvest festival. The westbound traffic on I84 was at a standstill for miles due to an accident, so I decided to take the scenic route back to Portland - via Highway 35, which cuts south toward Mt. Hood. I stopped and took a few photos of Mt. Hood as the sun set on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment